RE: Headlights Problem

To: "'Long, Robert'" <Robert.Long@acs-inc.com>,
Subject: RE: Headlights Problem
From: "Greg Hare" <ghare@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:53:11 -0400
I had same problem since I owned my '69 1600, wouldn't drive it at night for
a long time. When the tranny went last month and i had everything out, I
replaced the wires coming from the alternator, and put in new battrery
cables as well. Seemed to fix it fine - the MAJOR culprit here (i think) was
the worn spot in the hot cable coming off the battery, which would
occasionally rub up against something. I'd get enough spasrk to keep
running, but all other electrical would dim/stop.

Also check the connections at the ignition switch, a loose one here could do
the same thing