panhard bar

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: panhard bar
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@att.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 19:03:01 -0500
I posted some pictures of the panhard bar I made for Tetanus on my
picturetrail site.  The pictures are in the Tetanus and others album.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=nomadtrash@att.net

The slicks are so sticky that they bend the leaf springs sideways while
cornering.  I installed the panhard bar to limit sideways motion.  I am
currently working on the torque arm.  The rubber bushings allow too much wheel
hop at acceleration.  I replaced the rubber with delrin and now need to modify
the torque arm so that it will twist with the axle.  I am also going to add a
torque limiting device on the motor.  I was planning to bolt it to the square
section of the body in front of the battery and to the smog pump bracket.  Has
anyone installed something like this before?  Are there any problems I should
be aware of?

I just met with a couple of guys from Metal Solutions Corp.  They have a
process to deposit metal on just about anything.  They can spray any type of
metal you want.  For instance,  they can spray deposit steel onto the rust
holes in my floorboard.  I can then grind it down flat and have a repaired
panel.  They can also spray aluminum onto a head that has been milled down too
far and then it can be machined to factory specs.  According to them the
process is strong enough to repair crank journals and engine blocks. If anyone
wants more information contact me.

Thanks,

Andy