Speedo and tach repair

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo and tach repair
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 20:52:24 +0000
To All,

Just pulled out my speedo and tach on my 1970 2000.  Does anyone on the list
repair these?  My tach was spinning all over the place.  It never spun all
the way around, but it got close.  Speedo needle was just bouncing about +/-
10 mph from the speed I was doing.  I'm kind of leary working on these since
I have no idea what I'm doing, what parts they need, etc. and I don't want
to damage them beyond repair.

(BTW, the seized engine problem turned out to be a vavle seat that fell
down, shop says no damage, but told them to pull the engine apart anyway and
look at rebuilding since I got it out).

Thanks

Allen
1970 2000 13774 (engine no longer seized and out of car, tranny at shop, gas
tank all cleaned, hope June 1 back on road).