Re: It comes down to new tires

To: Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV, Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It comes down to new tires
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:51:16 EST
In a message dated 4/4/2002 6:12:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV writes:

> Dumping new car = need to use Roadster as a daily driver = YIPPEE!!
>
> Daily driver = wife approved new tire purchase.
>
> Soooo, I am looking at Kumho ECSTA HP4 716 ($36.00) and Sumitomo HTP 200
> ($38.00) on Tire Rack.  Keep in mind I need to buy cheap tires - 195/60-14.
> Does anyone have experience with these or other tires in this price range?

I would highly recommend the Dunlops D60 tires.  They have a great wear
rating and are excellant all around tires too.  I used them on my roadster
for a few years and put many miles on them without any noticable amount of
wear.  I am assuming you want a good high mileage tire.  That would be my
suggestion.  The price is very reasonable too.  Check it out.

Calspeed