Re: Fw: Ultimate carb. set-up

To: "Rick Zeuschner" <rickultracolor@iprimus.com.au>
Subject: Re: Fw: Ultimate carb. set-up
From: fairlady <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:24:29 +1100
I've been running "after-market" electric pumps for 20 or so years on a
number of different cars. The one I use now is a rotary-vane type, no
tick-tick when it's working, just a steady whirr that I only hear
between the time I turn the key and the engine starting. I find it
comforting to hear the whirr for those couple of seconds as I know that
the pump is working. Also, since my car is used only once a month or
so, I know that even if the petrol in the carbs has evaporated in those
weeks since I parked the car that the fuel up quickly and don't need
priming or lots of cranking with the starter.

I do run it through a regulator though as my Weber carbs only like
about 3psi. For reference my pump is mounted on the bulkhead between
the seats and the rear axle housing. Nice and close to the fuel tank
and not much hose re-routing.

I would recommend keeping your old mechanical pump as an emergency
spare though as they do seem to outlive the aftermarket electricals.
The aftermarket ones I've used so far seem to have an average life of
about 10years.

Regards,
Phill Brook