Re: Heli-Coil in a tight spot?

To: "Ryan Roswell Bird" <birdman@myrealbox.com>,
Subject: Re: Heli-Coil in a tight spot?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:34:03 -0500
Ryan,

I remember I saw a repair kit in an auto store made by locktite or 3m that
used something akin to an epoxy to repair thread problems such as you are
experiencing. They include a release compound to be put on the sensor so it
can be removed later. Low torque situation so you can use it.

Of course if you never intend to take it out again you can use a liberal
application of JB Weld.

The threads on the tranny case must be grease/oil free for anything to work.

Mike