Re: OT - How do you folks in CA afford to buy?

To: dafox1@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT - How do you folks in CA afford to buy?
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:10:20 EST
In a message dated 1/23/02 6:54:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dafox1@hotmail.com writes:

> CALIFORNIA PRICEY PLACE TO LIVE
> A new survey done by the National Association of Home
> Builders confirms something that many people in California
> have known for a long time ... nine of the 10 most
> expensive cities in the country are in that state. The
> builders' group says that San Francisco, though, no longer
> tops the least-affordable city list.

I hate to contribute to a very O/T topic but since this hits my wallet and
Roadster account I will be brief.  We bought a house in San Francisco in '95
for $225,000.  Was recentely appraised at over $480,000.  That does me no
good as now I cant upgrade.  Sort of stuck unless I move 50 miles out of the
City.  I guess I am stuck with a one Roadster garage for awhile.

Calspeed