Re: speaking of center caps

To: waterback@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: speaking of center caps
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:36:51 EST
waterback@worldnet.att.net writes:

> I have a set of Nissan "X" wheels on my roadster. The center caps have the
> "Z" logo emblazoned on them. Is there, in the collective knowledge of the
> list, a way to put the "Datsun" or the "Griffon" logo in place that won't
> peel or look cheap.

These caps also fit the Libres which I'm now running on my 1600. If the "Z"
in your caps has a black rubberised surround then Mark "Stickerman" Dent's
Datsun stickers (very slightly trimmed to fit the recessed centre) work a
treat. They haven't peeled in 4,000 miles.

If your "Z" emblems are embossed and stick out from the recessed centre (ie.
no black surround - some UK ZX's had these) you can fill the surround to the
level of the Z with filler and then use the stickers - because the centre
itself is indented the stickers looks like they were made for the job.

Rob
www.fairlady.org