Roadster Grounding and Frame Removal Questions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Grounding and Frame Removal Questions
From: John Hogan <mad@madgrizzle.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:18:14 -0500
Two questions:

1)  Is this car, by some chance, a positive ground car?  I got the roadster
in and noticed that the red wire was heading to the frame and the black
wire seemed to head to the starter.  The battery, however, had negative
connected to the red (ground) and positive to the black (hot).  I have yet
dared to try to even start the car unless I am sure that the wire colors
are just backwards.  One would think red would be hot either way.

2)  I'm looking at doing a frame-off restoration of the car.  Would it be
wiser to remove the body, then start the disassembly of the car (engine,
tranny, etc.) or should I yank those out first before taking the body
off?  In other words, can I get to everything I need in order to disconnect
the body from the car with the engine and transmission still in place.

Thanks,

John Hogan
SEROC
1967.5 SRL311-00141