Re: Went for a drive today

To: "Pre-Zee" <Pre_Z@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Went for a drive today
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:10:51 -0600
Pre-Zee wrote

>What tool & size will I need to open it up?  What fluid will I need to add?
>Full is up to the edge of the fill plug?  I just want to be all prepared
>when I go out to that unheated garage.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>George M (Pre-Z)
>'67 1600
>NY, NY  USA

I've used a 1/2 inch socket drive...admittedly not a perfect fit, but it
got the plug out.  What weight gear oil???  I used 90 wt before, but in
NYC you'd need a fork to get it out of the container this time of year.
There is a nice Castrol gear oil I used in the gearbox, but I can't
remember the multigrade weight.  I believe full is up to the plug. If it
is cold and the oil is thick, let it settle into the housing after the
first overflow, and give it another dose to see if it will take more.
-Marc T.