Re: Jet Hot Coating

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jet Hot Coating
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:41:37 -0600
Andrew,

Good stuff already mentioned on Jet Coating the exhaust manifold.

The reason the manifolds would crack was due to mechanics leaving
off a little brace that was sandwhiched beteen the engine support
and motor mount. It was a bent piece of metal, then had a second
piece of metal bolted to the exhaust manifold.

With the support bracket in place, it does a great job in preventing
any cracks from forming in the middle of the "Y" of the exhaust
manifold.  I need to do some more cleaning out in the shed, but
might still have an original 67 2000 & 68 2000 exhaust manifolds
(collector flange was different) out there.

Cheers,

Tom