more alternator conversion help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: more alternator conversion help
From: SLBESQ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:45:56 EST
hi list

thanks to all of you who responded to my first alternator inquiry (adam,
eric, marc, and probably some others i forget).  i'm back for more help.
many thanks in advance.
i'm still trying to install the delco one wire alternator in my 67.5 H20.
the alternator sits on the passenger side, above the fuel pump.

i bought the alternator after finally locating a self exciting one.  now i
have no idea how to mount it.  the bottom mount on the original alternator
differs substantially from that for the new one.  the original alternator has
two mounting holes in lobes off the body of the alternator, spaced about 4
inches apart, into which sits the mount and through both of which runs the
bottom bolt.  the new alternator has only one lobe and it is about 2 inches
long, located toward the front (pulley side) of the alternator.

is there a different mount/bracket?  or do i need to have one fabricated?  or
do i need to trim some of the metal off the existing lower bracket?

thanks to all of you for a push in the right direction.

steve
67.5 H20