Having fun on the dry run

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Having fun on the dry run
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 16:51:08 -0800
Hey All,

Today I took advantage of living in Southern California in winter and took
the 64 1500 out for a spin. My main mission was to scout a run for an
upcoming SoCalROC event, but I have to confess it was just a great day for a
run.

I took Santiago Canyon Rd. which leads out to some very scenic and twisty
roads before hitting cook's corner, a very famous hangout for Harley style
bikers. There were at least 100 bikes out front and plenty of quintessential
bearded Harley guys checking me out as I passed by.

A good and twisty road led me to O'Neil regional park. It's a great place
for a meet/picnic. Just down the road is a great mexican restaurant where
you can watch the game (the 49ers blasted the Saints), eat some fajitas, and
drink a beer.

I will be inviting the club to go with me the next time I go on this run.
Today it was just me, the car, my girl, and the road. A great time.

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000 Solex