How can I put a V8 in this?

To: "Rob Beddington" <RoadsterGB@aol.com>,
Subject: How can I put a V8 in this?
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:03:18 -0600
Rob Beddington wrote

>Second - in the UK a Jag XJ6 with a Chevy engine would be almost
>unsaleable. The only guys who do engine transplants here are the Hot Rod
>and Custom boys - and many of them fit Jag engines, drivetrains and IRS
>into lesser metal. Used XJ6s or XJ12s are commonplace and the engines are
>sweet when they've been looked after. To fit a Chevy engine into a Jag
>would (to many) be considered sacrilege (like fitting an MGB engine and
>Lucas electrics into a '67 2000 roadster - or have some of you crazy guys
>tried that too?)

I think it's in the water over here...the need to put a V8 into virtually
anything is all over, though I haven't seen a V8 pus lawnmower yet.  I've
even had people suggesting putting a V8 into my 320 truck.  One of the
reasons I'm fixing up the little datsun is so I can shed what to me is a
huge Dodge V8 behemoth, but it looks like a small truck in these parts.
You don't need a V8 engine to pick up a couple sheets of plywood, and if
I need a lot of material, I'll spring for a delivery fee.  I will,
however, be getting some MGA stuff for the 320...the J13 is close enough
to use some parts. Not on the Roadster though. the R16 does quite nicely.

-Marc T.