National Old Car Scrapping Program

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: National Old Car Scrapping Program
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:35:55 -0600
I saw a picture a while back of a scrap yard in, I think it was Montana.  It
was two acres of Model T's packed solidly ten feet deep.  It was actually a
before and after shot, because the second shot was of an empty lot. (Same
lot) Compared to a Model A, the T was not a very good car, and when people
stopped driving them and demand for parts fell off, the lot full of  T's was
worth more as scrap metal.  I think Model T's are fairly expensive today,
but they are not very good daily drivers.  Our roadsters are headed down the
same path.  Compared to a 1991 Miata, they aren't as good a daily driver,
especially in Texas in the summer or Maine in the winter, and the Miata is
probably cheaper. A few old geezers still own and drive T's, and in a few
years a few old geezers will own and drive the last of the roadsters.  The
government program will not mean the end of the roadster, but it will get
bad cars off the road.  If you want to own and drive a really bad, really
old car, buy an Edsel, and collect roadsters for display. Don't forget to
buy your geezer hat.

Leisure Suit Terry