Re: was...Re: (strange) trailer hitch....now towing

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: was...Re: (strange) trailer hitch....now towing
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:26:49 -0600
Ah yes, fond memories of towing.  We were moving from Hew Hampshire to
California back in the '70's.  Had the roadster behind a 24' U-Haul truck.
("U-Haul:  An Adventure in Moving."  Yeah, right!  I've got their
'Adventure'.......)  Anyway, coming through Hartford Conn. I noticed that
the roadster was trying to pass us!  Can everyone say 'mountainous'? I
waited until the next grade and let everything coast to a stop.  The tow bar
had slipped off leaving nothing but the safety chains.  I was always a firm
believer in safety chains.  After that, I became an out and out fanatic
about them.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000