Roadster Originality

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Originality
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 12:48:40 -0600
Hey all -

Back at it from the Christmas mad house - 11 visitors (inlaws) and 300 bucks
in grosories.  Did not get to touch the custom - too much other work:(

Sid has some very good points.  Keep the good Roadsters original and put the
others on the road by what ever means.

I always wanted to build a custom Roadster.  Never had the guts to cut up a
nice one.  I just could not cut on my '66 no mater how bad I wanted to start
a custom.  So, I got two rusty Roadsters to play with - one was not so rusty
(thanks to Sid).  These cars would most likely never see the road again, but
one will live on.  The only thing Datsun on my custom will be the body and
frame - and they will be modified.  But, the Roadster spirit in it will
live!

I find that the Roadsters that are customs are very well done.  Roadster
nuts have a great passion for the car, and this shows in their creations.
So, you don't see many hatchet jobs or funky stuff.

So, find an old rusty Roadster and have fun!

And, WELCOME to the new list members.  A lot of talent!  Love that Healey.

Phil
SEROC
OROC
www.picturetrail.com/SPL311