Re: brake master 2000/PICS

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake master 2000/PICS
From: "Richard Wright" <duntov1@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:09:53 -0600
This Datsun has sat for years.
Since I've replaced the master, I have been trying to brake the rest of the
brakes in.
On several test drives, I hit hte brakes as hard as possible to clean the
rotors/ pads, shoes/drums.
I even kicked the brakepedal with my heel many times to free up a stuck rear
wheel cylinder-while driving.

I checked the treads before I put the master in, trying to avoid an
sae/metric mishap. I've been doing conversions and mechanicing for 35 years.
I work mostly on cars for  wealthy car enthusiasts.
I appreciate the doubting Thomas's, and maybe I got lucky this one time.
Based on  the response I've received, if anyone dares to try this
conversion, be very careful!!!! The other Datsun owners are speaking from
many years of Datsun experience.
 I use to fix them in the 80's, but parts were readily available back then.
I included part #'s and pics. The brake lines do not thread into aluminum.
The master is for a 620 with 4 wheel drums.
Rich W

I'm gonna go retighten the brake lines now!
By the way, a 11mm line wrench fits a little tighter than a 7/16" one, to
keep from rounding off the fittings!