RE: New member: more pics of 67.5?? added

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New member: more pics of 67.5?? added
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 16:29:15 -0800
The numbers on 67.5's have always been somewhat fuzzy. Offically serial numbers
1-1000 were allocated to 67.5 2000's. Most people say "around 700-800" were
built.

Number 540 has not been registered on the www.datsun.org registry of 67.5 2000's
and all the indications are that it is genuine. If so, it's collectible. A
genuine 67.5 2000 (that isn't a 1600 converted to 2000) comes up for sale maybe
once a year. This one looks like it has been molested too badly (only slightly),
which means it could easily be returned to genuine original condition, and
that's rare.

The downside is that it probably will cost more to restore it than it will be
worth. And if you are into turbos and V8's you probably won't be impressed by
135hp even in a 2000lb car.

But there are probably a few hundred email recipients right now saying "Why the
hell didn't MY girlfriend's dad give me one of those!"

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA