Re: Heat Guns

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heat Guns
From: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 07:05:51 -0700
Heat may not be safe in certain areas (e.g. fender wells).  It might warp
the panels.  It's funny you should mention undercoating.  I've spent the
last couple of days removing undercoating from inside my trunk.  I'm
using lacquer thinner and either a green Scotchbrite pad or plastic
scrapper.  It doesn't take long to clog up the Scotchbrite, so you have
to replace them often.  But... lacquer thinner is very effective on
undercoating and cheap ($6.50 a gallon at Walmart).

Could be very messy if you had to do the underside of the car, though?
Maybe that's why those car rotisseries are so popular with the
restoration crowd.