Re: [carparts.com]

To: "donald swenson" <DASRacing@msn.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [carparts.com]
From: Michael Shimniok <michael.shimniok@usa.net>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 12:19:34 MST
I have never ordered engine parts from carparts.com.  However, a couple years
back I ordered a winch and some off-road lamps from them.  First they sent me
the wrong UPS tracking number which they quickly corrected.  Then their
packages arrived, but those packages didn't contain all the stuff I ordered (I
was short 3 off-road lites out of 6).

Despite my repeated emails progressing from civil to nasty, they continually
insisted all the packages had been sent and, hence, everything was ok.
Finally, they promised to send out the missing gear but it never arrived.

The sale was such that I got a $800 winch for $500 and the off-road lites at
similar discount so even though I never received $160 worth of gear, I was
still ahead of the game and it stopped being worth pursuing.

Why not try partsamerica.com ?  Or napaonline.com ?  You may have better luck
with the 1600 but so far I'm not doing so well with my 2000 in finding parts
on the internet.  Altho I did at least get an oil filter from parts america.
:)  But they list the wrong motor.  Some of the other chain stores' websites
go through partsamerica.com too.  Oh well. :(

Michael

"donald swenson" <DASRacing@msn.com> wrote:
> I have a 1968 1600  I looked on carparts.com website and it list the 1600
with
> a L 16 engine when it's a R16 engine.I'm looking to order timing chain,
> sprokets oil pump, etc. Has anybody had problems ordering from them and
does
> anybody have the correct parts numbers  from carparts.com
> Thank You
>                                            Donald Swenson

---
Michael Shimniok  - KC0EKI -  "A computer without Microsoft
Michael.Shimniok@USA.NET       is like a dog without bricks
http://pw2.netcom.com/~shimniok/       tied to its head..."