Re: [Re: new owner (brake info- long)]

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Re: new owner (brake info- long)]
From: Michael Shimniok <michael.shimniok@usa.net>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 11:32:34 MST
"Chris Robertson" <ckrobertson@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Castrol is fine for brake fluid.  Just use DOT3 or better.  If you
> rebuild the whole system, you might consider using silicone brake
> fluid.  Many roadster owners have done that and are happy with it.  It
> doesn't absorb water.

I had heard silicone was terrible for absorbing water... can you mix silicone
and regular?

FWIW, I am a big fan of valvoline synthetic brake fluid.  Very high boiling
point, lcompatible with standard dot 3 fluid... it may be less prone to
absorbing water, too... not sure.

Gearing up to do brake work myself...

Thanks,
Michael

---
Michael Shimniok  - KC0EKI -  "A computer without Microsoft
Michael.Shimniok@USA.NET       is like a dog without bricks
http://pw2.netcom.com/~shimniok/       tied to its head..."