RE: Sagging Rear Springs.....

To: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>, "'Chris Gray'" <grayc@rpi.edu>,
Subject: RE: Sagging Rear Springs.....
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:33:22 -0600
Laury, Victor wrote

>The "Hot Setup" from the racers was 66~67 springs! and they were looser than
>late models. The Comp springs were considered too stiff and caused the car
>to become "Skittery" on rough pavement. Obviously the racers liked the rear
>a little loose. No one used rear sway bars at all. The only appliance widely
>used was a panhard bar.
I had a rear sway bar for awhile (addco?)  It was very skittery on rough
payment.  Handling is more pleasant and just as neutral with comp front
swaybar and nothin' special out back.  It also had the tendency to lift
the inside rear wheel on a tight turn and spin that tire.  Not that I
rocket around anymore ;^)

-Marc T.