Re: Low windsheild Glass question

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Low windsheild Glass question
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:37:26 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for responding.
 To do it proper, there HAS to be a shim, probably in between the glass
itself and the rubber. here's Why I am saying this. the rubber has a
lip that is supposed fits snug up to the frame. If it does, then you
have gap between glass and rubber. If the rubber is snug up to the
glass, then you have a gap between the lip of the rubber and the frame.
I think the caulking is a great fix..but...
I want to figure out how it came from the factory. Otherwise every car
would have been recalled for leaking. I think the absence of shims when
you dismantled a frame is PO monkeying. I saw part of a shim when
dismantling Andrew Murphy's 67.5 2000. WHO KNOWS?