Re: Valve seal R/R on U20

To: <Tomet9@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Valve seal R/R on U20
From: Bamandpeb@aol.com
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 12:44:12 EST
Tom:

We had to replace a broken valve spring at the racetrack in Seattle by using
this method. While it was on a R16, the process is basically the same. Just
remove all of the spark plugs, and cam followers/buttons (mark their location),
and fill one cylinder with the soft rope while on the downstroke, then compress
the rope to hold those two valves in place. We used a large socket and rubber
mallet to remove & replace the keepers. Just make REAL sure you get the keepers
back in correctly. We tapped lightly but firmly with the rubber mallet only on
top of the valve to reseat the keepers AFTER the rope was removed. Hope this
helps. Take your time. Good luck.

Dan & Susan