Glass part 2

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Glass part 2
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 20:32:35 -0800
Hello All,

I received several responses about the low windshield glass I offered for
sale today. A lot of questions about condition and if it was as good as I
said.

Somewhat concerned I had over stated its condition, I went home and dug it
out of the garage and cleaned it. I then inspected it as objectively as I
could. I even pulled out my NOS windshield I am going to put on my 67 2000
for comparison.

I have to say I did make a mistake when it came to offering the glass for
sale at 150.00. I think I should of gone higher. The glass is almost
perfect. It is good enough for a restoration piece. The only difference
between my NOS glass and this used one is that the NOS glass is tinted.
Other than that I cannot see a difference in quality. It even still has the
sticker on it that says to be removed by owner only.

I took some pics of both pieces against the same background for comparison.
You can view them at the following links:

The used one

http://pw1.netcom.com/~andr/used1.jpg
http://pw1.netcom.com/~andr/used2.jpg

The new one

http://pw1.netcom.com/~andr/nos1.jpg
http://pw1.netcom.com/~andr/nos2.jpg

I am still willing to honor my original price of 150.00 plus shipping and
insurance. I will do my best to wrap the glass securely in bubble wrap and
package it with plenty of "fragile" notices on it. This is a great
opportunity to score a practically perfect low windshield glass for cheap.

If it does not sell by the end of the year it goes to ebay.

Thanks for reading this novel,

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967 2000