Re: windshields

To: Thomas Wolfe <tomwolfe@texas.net>,
Subject: Re: windshields
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:13:52 -0800 (PST)
The early roadsters (including 67.5) have bolt-on windshield frames.
The frames themselves are in multiple pieces and disassemble.  I
believe there are six (maybe seven) bolts that hold the whole thing to
the car - two on each "arm" that reaches down into the doorwell, and
two (or three?) nuts under the dash (not including the nut behind the
wheel).

Here's a picture of my old car pretty well disassembled, thanks to its
current owner, Ryan Bird:

<http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL9/147817/275139/2366052.ptp>

Here's a picture of it, post-paint, but sans window frame.  Can you
believe it's the same car???

<http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL9/147817/314495/2886764.ptp>

And here's the link to his complete picture site:

<http://www.picturetrail.com/ryanrbird>

Hope you don't mind that I used your pics as an example, Ryan...

--- Thomas Wolfe <tomwolfe@texas.net> wrote:
> These cars really have removeable windshields??? Or am I
> misreading something?  How does it work and what would be
> the purpose?  Anyone have pictures?
>
> Thom

=====
Adam