1600 SU carburetor question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1600 SU carburetor question
From: Nick Turi <nturi@otw.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 15:39:08 -0500
1600 SU carburetor question

Can someone help me to determine what might be wrong with my car? The
engine bogs down when warmed up and running at about 2000 rpm's. It also
seems to be eating the oil that lubricates the needles. (top hand tightened
caps at the top of the carburetor). I am using a light transmission oil in
the carburetors. It sound like the air and fuel mixture might be wrong. It
was running smooth when driven to the Glen in September. All of a sudden
this happens. The carburetor has all new needles, jets and gaskets prior to
the trip in September.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nick
1966 1600