RE: ka swap

To: "'snyler'" <marc@animalfirm.com>, Daniel Neuman
Subject: RE: ka swap
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:15:56 -0600
I looked into the SR20DE for my custom.  It does come from Japan and easy to
get.  But cost was a factor for me.  All said and done it would have been
about $3000.00 - motor, trans, electronics, shipping .... complete.   Cool
motor and cutting the X member is no big deal - easy to reinforce.  So, I
went turbo 3.8 V6 and no cutting the X member.  Cut the fire wall, rear X
member, exhaust holes in frame... but not the front X member:)  Cut away,
reinforce, have FUN!!

Phil
SEROC