Re: Nissan Auto Parts dot Com

To: printner@qwest.net
Subject: Re: Nissan Auto Parts dot Com
From: Roadster <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:26:32 -0600
Hi Tim,

First thing go to the following URL:

http://webpages.csus.edu/~sandhoff/fiche/

and download the files.  They can be read with Acrobat Reader.  This is a
complete(?)
parts manual for the Roadsters.

Once you have obtained the number, contact nissanautoparts.com (or any other
Nissan
dealer for that matter) and ask them to run the number.  They can tell you if
it is
still available.  If so, simply plug it into the search window at
nissanautoparts.com
and order it (them).  Most of the smaller things I will order locally.  The high
dollar items go to nissanautoparts.com as they give a nice break on price.  Dual
master brake cylinder:  dealers and vendors $150, nissanautoparts.com $115.
For this
kind of savings I don't mind waiting for a bit.

One thing about the above mentioned files: they can be hard to read in places.
It
will require some cross checking with the number listing to get the correct
number.
Once you learn the p/n system that Nissan used (yes, there is a method to their
madness) it becomes easier.

If you need any help chasing down a number let me know and I'll try to help.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359