Re: ebay questions

To: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: ebay questions
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:04:44 -0800 (PST)
eBay uses your credit card to bill you for listing and selling fees.
If you are buying, eBay only verifies you are an adult.  I've never
been charged by eBay for buying an item.  To be really frugal, check
the fee structure; if you want a $50 minimum bid it might be cheaper to
list it for $49 instead.

You can pay for an item any number of ways: check, money order, PayPal
(very convenient online payment service), cashiers check, yack blood,
whatever the sell will accept.

You need to be on the look-out for buyers or sellers with negative
feedback and to some extent those that are brand-new (sunglasses icon,
zero feedback rating).  ALWAYS get payment first, or use an escrow
service.  eBay may suspend accounts who don't pay/don't deliver but
you'll probably never get your money or item if it happens to you.

Be VERY CLEAR about any shortcomings of the items you sell.  Take
pictures showing the flaws, if possible.  Put something like "sold
as-is.  e-mail me with any questions.  all sales final."  in your
auction so they can't make you give them their money back, pay for
return shipping, etc., just because they don't like the item.  That way
you should be covered unless you outright lied or the item is not what
is described in the auction.

eBay: ambradley (14) rating, only one auction that didn't go so well

--- Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm considering getting into the ebay game. can anyone give me a user
> friendly rundown on how the game is played?
> one Q I have in particular is this; how is your credit card used?
>
> thanks,
> Roman
>
> =====
> roadsterregistry@yahoo.com