Re: Roadster Sighting

To: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Subject: Re: Roadster Sighting
From: Joe Rubio <joe@venuesports.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 11:49:29 -0800
Gary,

You're not going to believe this, but I'm on my roadster with a fired up
buddy after not touching the thing since 1990.  Yes indeed.  Pulling the
engine this weekend to steam clean the compartment, ordering up an
engine harness, dunking the gas tank, all kinds of crazy stuff.  Heck, I
even have a local guy rebuilding the carbs as we speak.

There is life even after 11 years of neglect!

Wish me luck.  The goal is have it in Solvang and beat the Escort in the
balloting...

Joe

Gary McCormick wrote:

> When: Saturday, 27 October 2001, around 1:30 or 2:00 pm
> Where: Parked in front of the Houlihan's Restaurant in Redwood City, just off
>of the
> Bayshore Freeway (101)
> What: Gorgeous black low windshield, flat dash Roadster with alloy wheels
>that caused me
> great pangs of envy as I rolled by in the family car (Honda Odyssey ... I
>hate to say
> it... mini-van)
>
> Anyone on the list?
>
> Gary McCormick
> '70 2000, SRL311-13291 (mini-van in the driveway, Roadster in the garage
>under a car cover
> and 11 year's accumulation of neglect - what's wrong with this picture?)
> San Jose, CA
>
> ///
> ///

///