Re: cheapo alternates: firewall grommets, mirrors

To: Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cheapo alternates: firewall grommets, mirrors
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:56:02 -0500
You could also buy a universal rear view mirror with the glass mounting pad
- just glue it on and there you go!  Early cars have another option.  Some
MG's (MGA's I think) had a tension rod on the glass, and the mirror clamped
to that.  A cheaper alternative if your expensive to replace or replate
original 65 - 67 mirror is shot or missing.  If it is for a 62 - 64, it will
work as well, or you could buy one of the spare used ones that I have!
(sorry, could not resist)

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060