Keeping aluminum from oxidizing--Wax!

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>, "Roadster"
Subject: Keeping aluminum from oxidizing--Wax!
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:24:57 -0500
For my aluminum wheels, after I stripped the chipped and damaged clear
lacquer off and polishing them back to a nice shine, I use a little wax
keeps them from oxidizing too quickly.  The problem with clear coats is
that they chip and then you've got a spot to strip/polish/recoat with
clear.  Tedious and the results won't be very good. The other alternative
is to strip the whole part again and polish and recoat.  While the wax
won't last forever--especially if you drive the car lots--it's much easier
than clear coats to quickly polish the aluminum up again and apply another
light coat of wax.

Just my experience.
Alex

At 08:41 AM 10/29/01 -0500, datsunmike wrote:
>Fred,
>
>I use a lite coat of oil to keep the aluminum from oxidizing and if it gets
>dirty a little aluminum wheel cleaner to clean it and then oil.
>
>Mike

///
///