67.5 progress

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 67.5 progress
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks,

well, some of you may have seen my mess called a roadster on my
picturetrail site.

for those of you that had seen the horror might agree that this was no
Shasta ready engine bay.

Every day, I have been doing a little and patience does have it's
rewards. It is coming together.

In the next couple of days I'll post some more pictures to inspire the
people that have clean engine bay impairment.

So far it looks GOOD!

I have spent next to nothing...elbow grease, and paint mostly.

Basically, I took eveything apart and if it was not broken, cleaned,
painted or polished it. takes time not money.

Here is my list of expenses, and when you see the pics, you'll see the
magic that can happen with minimal cash.

Paint; appx. 15 dollars
oil filter;  4.99 ( purolator L30042) available at pep boys
thermostat;  3.99 at autozone
thermostat gasket .79 cents
2 thermostat housing bolts .75 cents each at Osh
10 foam brushes  .45 cents each at Osh

totals up to 30.77 when you see the pics, you'll see how far 30 bucks
goes if you are willing to take a little ( well, maybe a lot ) of time.

 I think I'm nuts though. I couldn't get the oil filter off, Per
Gordons advice I took the whole assembly off and stuck it in a vise.
...well next thing you know I have a polished oil filter housing.
Too much time playing with harleys I guess.

OK, I'll shut up now, pics soon.

Roman
http://personals.yahoo.com

///