RE: Mahalo for the Kokua about My Pilikia (was:Kokua

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mahalo for the Kokua about My Pilikia (was:Kokua
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 15:47:27 -0700
A lot of people use the "sticky" head gasket without any sealer and it seems to
work fine. I use Copper Cote because I've had very good results with it, and "if
it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My general approach has been to use minimal sealer when both surfaces are finely
machined (like head-to-block or behind the tensioners) and to use slightly more
in other situations (like head-to-exhaust manifold).

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA

///
///