Re: vacum leaks?

To: "Roman Rist" <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: vacum leaks?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 06:54:09 -0400
Roman,

On the restart problem it can be either a bad battery or the starter is
getting to much "heat soak." I had that problem too and it turned out to be
the battery. Make sure the battery connections are clean first before buying
anything.

I read that it takes more power to turn over a hot starter. Could also be
the solenoid. That's why Chevies and some other cars use remote solenoids
that are away from the starter and headers and heat.

The metal expands and a small leak is sealed. Try tightening the nuts on the
manifolds to get a better seal.

Mike