VIN#'s and DATA PLATE's -- I have two more BLANK ONES!

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: VIN#'s and DATA PLATE's -- I have two more BLANK ONES!
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:30:04 -0500
Adam had a good point about "do not trust the VIN#"
on the dataplate to match up with the Chassis.

I recently auctioned off a BLANK Dataplate for
a 135hp 2000.  While it is a reproduction, the
dealers did sell blank data plates at one time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=596573614

Well, in digging around I have found TWO MORE
BLANK DATA PLATES!!!  Yes, reproduction but with
the 150hp SRL311 version.

If you want a nice reproduction BLANK DATA PLATE --
I will donate them for HIGHEST BID (starting at
$40 to open). Funds to be paid in the form of
a check or money order payable to "American
Cancer Society". ;-)

NOTE: The Data Plate is blank, with the VIN#
and ENGINE# left blank.

I bought these about 10 years ago at Mt. Shasta,
and really haven't a clue who I bought them
from. Still they make nice additions to that
restoration.

Tom

///
///