Home from the show (long)

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Home from the show (long)
From: Ron Hamilton <fj201@home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:25:23 -0700
We made it home from the great show at the Deer park winery but not
without tribulations for us.

We took the 81 ZXT as the RCKTSHP appears to have serious injector
problems but the 81 has a nice motor and is almost as much fun. Getting
there was great with a motor that has only 5K miles on it and is still
tight but getting home was another story. About 200 miles from home the
temp gradually kept rising until we had to stop about 20 miles west of
Blythe and decided it was a blown head gasket. So much for the New head.
Called AAA and as they were loading the car, Dean and Cathy Tilton
"FLEW" by in her Mustang and graciously gave us a ride to Phoenix so I
could get my truck and trailer and turn around to Blythe and home by
11:00 PM

Couldn't have done it without them. For once I am glad Dean wasn't
driving his 70 240Z

Guess I had better start working on a roadster for Solvang!!!

Ron and Judy
RCKTSHP

///
///