roadsters converge on Maine museum...

To: " roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: roadsters converge on Maine museum...
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@mint.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:04:56 -0400
A new record was set today when three (3) roadsters showed up at  the Owls
Head transportation  Museum in Owl's Head Maine.
Approx. 150 foreign cars showed including a nice 510 sedan, 510 station
wagon, a 260 Z and one of those Cabrolet? Z cars. A V8 MGB from the factory
was also there.
I met Millard Davis and his wife in his 4.3 conversion and we were followed
by my wife in the van with kids. As we headed out on the 1.5hr ride a camaro
with headers and traction bars passed the van then me and on a nice long
straight he went for Millard. As the camaro swung out to pass, Millard had
some fun.  He made the camaro run the entire straight away.  When the camaro
hit 3rd or 4th he broke the rear tires lose and had a slight control
problem.  It was quite a sight to watch that camaro trying to pass that
little roadster and not making it!
Well to be truthful, the coast of Maine sometimes has a little fog and today
was no exception and the show was quite foggy.
The musuem is always worth the trip.  The display includes a Shelby A/C 289
Cobra, a Lee Iaccoca MustangII concept car, an Indy racecar, and numerous
other fine antique cars, motorcycles and aeroplanes.

The third roadster was from the Portland area and was a silver 69 2000
titled as a 70. It had been a showroom demo car and had dealer installed
foglights, luggage rack , custom wheels and SSS steering wheel.  He was
interested to get more connected with the DRONE members

///
///