RE: engine without tranny

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: engine without tranny
From: "The Belgian Roadster" <chriss@euregio.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:18:56 +0200
Hi friends,
It's very easy to remove engine without tranny....if the header is
off!
If the header is off and the radiator removed you can pull the engine
so far to the front that the main shaft comes out of the clutch disc
and push plate. All you have to do is lift it straight out of the
engine room.
If the header is still bolt on to the engine, it will push against the
frame where the front left engine mount is sitting.
You can still get it out that way but it's heavy pushing left and
right and lifting and releasing and forcing on the main shaft still
sitting in the clutch push plate. Not goooood!
I know that because I removed the engine & tranny as one, starting my
restoration. I removed the engine without tranny after having that all
known " head to intake pipe water leaking" after first warm-up. After
making a conversion of the intake header with guides in the
waterchannels to definitly eradicate the evil leaking I decided to
pull the tranny out of the car, screwed it back on the engine and put
it in together as one, very smoothly.
But, I use a special tool on my engine hoist. With that tool between
the hook and the engine I can give an inclination to the engine &
tranny --- \ __
Chris-The Belgian Roadster
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1424148&a=10670695&f=0

///