Re: Auto-X roadster opinion in general

To: drivemach1@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto-X roadster opinion in general
From: JCLAY510@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:10:35 EDT
I think the big question is which car can be made the most competitive. I
would have to go with the Scirocco as a racer and roadster as a driver.
But.... having autoxed both FWD and RWD cars they are two entirely different
beasts and driving style will have a lot to say on which car will work better
for you

Aftermarket susp and go-fast parts are readily available for the VW and to
get decent power out of a 1600  well........

I am going to autox a roadster next year however it will be the V6 car and i
think that will put me in a mod class   which equals un competitive  we'll
see
Bill Kenyon autoxed his KA24 rioadster in OSP  i believe so he would be a
great person to ask an opinion on the matter.

Heres another thing. SCCA classes the 1600 roadster in E-stock with turbo
Mitsu Eclipses and such. Heres a link to solo 2 stock classes
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/classes/stock.h

whatever you decide   though just have fun. Autocrossing is a blast and you
don't have to be rich to enjoy it
Remember what Mr K. said
Winning is not the only reason we go racing. One word sums up our whole
approach to competition. That word is participation" (Yutaka Katayama - 1969)

Later
Jimmy

///
///