Auto-X roadster opinion (Scirroco content also)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto-X roadster opinion (Scirroco content also)
From: Mical Davis <drivemach1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
Hi list, this is the first time I've posted and I have
a purely opinion-based question.  About two months
ago, I bought a 69 1600 Roadster. I've replaced all
the hoses, belts, plug wires, distributor cap, yadda
yadda so far.  I bought the car with intent on
restoring it to be able to race in Solo II
competitions.  The other day, I was at an auction
where there was another car calling out to me that I
just had to get.  A MK1 78 fuel injected Volkswagen
Scirroco.  I've always loved the rocco's and
Corrado's,
so of course just had to bid on the rocco.  So now I
have two seriously fun race cars in my garage (great
problems to have).  My dilemma, is to restore
the Roadster for weekend driving and an occasional
Solo race and to tune the rocco for racing only, or to
sell the rocco and put the money into the
Roadster.

Any opinions? (especially from those who have raced
their roadsters)

Thanks!

Mical Davis
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1