Re: Finally driving...!

To: John Wightman <johnwightman@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Finally driving...!
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 21:16:32 -0500
>John Wightman

> Thanks for the info - I had wondered if one could put in a fuse. Two sounds
> even better. Now what is the difference between an ammeter and a voltmeter?

An ammeter measures current flow, a voltmeter measures voltage. In other
words lets talk water, or fuel for that matter. In the case of the liquids
flow can be expressed in volume over a period of time, such as gallons per
hour. Water or fuel pressure is somewhat like electrical voltage, the
pressure pushing the given volume. Make sense? Hope so. Maybe not exact
technically, but close enough (I think) for roadster work.

HP has an excellent book called (I think) Automotive Electrical Handbook.
Very useful reference. There are a number of other similar books. You might
want to do a search on Amazon of "auto electrical" or "automotive
electrical".

As far as fusing both the hot (power) leg and the ground leg of a circuit,
fusing both can't hurt, IMHO. The power cables for all of the mobile ham
radios I've bought for quite a while have had both power and ground leads
fused.

Hope this helps,
Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)

///
///