rebuilt master, hung up brakes

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: rebuilt master, hung up brakes
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 07:03:38 -0700
Hey folks. background: I rebuilt the brake m/c (all new rubber parts, and
all back in the same position and orientation) and re-installed it.  First,
the mindless maneuver: in looking at Dan Neuman's air filter picture
yesterday, I realized that I installed the reservoirs in the swapped
position.  BONEHEAD.   I went to the pick-a-part and got an adjustable
clevis rod from a later (510 era) m/c, like TomW recommended, but it was way
longer, so I thought it would cause end play problems, so I stuck with the
original.  Then, I installed the m/c with all the shims from before, and it
left the pedal very far down, so I removed nearly all of them.  Now, I still
have a little end play in the clevis rod, as recommended, but the front
brakes are not releasing, and the pedal needs 'too much' pressure.
Replace all the shims? Something else to check?  (front pistons worked fine
before, only been apart for a month)Thanks a ton for the advice,
Fergus O, 69 2000  (roman, I'm still searching for your file)

///
///