Weird Light problem resolved

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weird Light problem resolved
From: "Jack Davis" <jrd.boulder@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 15:50:11 -0600
I got the lighting problem licked. It turned out to be two problems - wiring
and a fuse. I had checked all the fuses earlier so it must have gone south
during my work with the wiring.

I started through the wiring and found several places where wires had been
spliced together and taped. I removed the tape and inspected each one. I
discovered one splice that had pulled apart but was being held together by
the tape. Fixed that and still did not have marker lights, tail lights, etc.

Went back to the fuse box and checked the fuses again. This time in addition
to a visual check I swapped the headlight fuse with the tail light fuse and
the headlights wouldn't work but the other did. Replaced the fuse and
everything is working. The fuse does not appear to be blown but it sure
didn't conduct electricity.

Thanks to all who responded with tips and moral support.

-
Jack Davis
'69 2000
SRL311-11273