POR15 or Hammerite, undercarpet mat'l

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: POR15 or Hammerite, undercarpet mat'l
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:42:51 -0700
Hey there, I'm back, dropped below the radar for a bit.
I've just recently Hammerite-d the floorboards and firewall in my car, and
had to scrape the sound dampener mat'l off because soaking in brake fluid
was a very good removal solvent.  I put on Hammerite and then bought some
thermo-shield from Summit Racing.  It was the most economical mat'l with
both sided aluminum faces I could find.  I thought I would need a second
roll, so I bought 2, but have covered the whole tunnel, both firewall spaces
for passenger feets, and have enough to do the floors from firewall to seat,
and the back deck.  All this for 29.95 for the roll.
The area that had been previously coated in Hammerite, where I had replaced
my seats is lasting and wearing well.  POR15 is probably longer lasting if
they have a special metal prep step, but I figure this will last 5-7 years,
and I have the seats out once or twice a year.  I found Hammerite at Home
Depot (several of them).
Fergus O, 69 2000, HB,CA

///
///