Defroster duct fix.

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Defroster duct fix.
From: "Dave Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 13:00:43 -0700
Hello all,

I don't have the words to express my horror over the heinous and cowardly
attack suffered by our country. My prayers go out to all who have been lost,
to those who have lost loved ones, and to those that are still in harms way.
May God bless you all.  I have seen many strange and painful things happen
in the world, and here in the U.S. in my life, but this is the worst by far.
The thought of some bastard planning and going through with such a thing is
beyond comprehension. Then they hide behind the children and the skirts of
the woman of his own people, knowing that we will not target the innocent.
Strike a brave pose while you peek out of your little hole bastard, your
days are numbered.

Sorry, I needed to vent. And now to the roadster content, here is my quick
and dirty fix for the defroster ducts.

  While replacing my speedo cable in the 69 2k, I noticed that the air duct
tube (upper end) had come off. I found that it had a split of about 1" long
and seemed a little short to reach the diffuser neck. The PO had tried a
hose clamp which had not worked. I wrestled with this little problem for a
while. No workie.  Sooo...

This is what I came up with.

I started looking for a collar that would work and had abandoned several
items when I noticed the top of a "Krylon" aerosol paint can laying on my
work bench. It snapped right on the diffuser neck like it was made for it. A
moment or two with a hole saw...  Presto! It slipped into the rubber (inner
tube material?) duct and was secured with black electrical tape. It snapped
into place perfectly.

Here's hoping that this will help someone out there.

Watch yer backs,

Dave.

(Don't tread on me!)