Re: My report from Solo II Nationals (semi-long)

To: Gary Boone <gboone@sisna.com>
Subject: Re: My report from Solo II Nationals (semi-long)
From: Michael Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:00:05 -0700
Hi Gary and List,
First of all I am glad to see that a Roadster made it this year. I was
checking the entries a couple of weeks ago and Gary hadn't registered
yet.

I don't think the Z should still be in BSP and the Roadster in CSP.
If it wasn't for Vic Sias and Andy Dandos the Z would have probably
been moved by now. I think the Harvey brothers had the same effect
on the Roadster. They whooped everybody for years with their Roadster.
They are both 30 year old cars competing against new cars. It is hard to
tell if the BMW or the Z would have beat the CSP Mazda and Honda's
on the same day.The PAX difference is only .003 between the two classes.
It is hard to compare what the course difference was on the two days. Although
theoretically should only be .003 difference .847 for BSP and .844 for CSP.

The SCCA has been changing the stock categories to make things a little
more fair. Next year they will have I believe Class 1 through 8 and not
lettered classes. They are going to have problems keeping up with all the
new high performance imports coming in.I have also heard a lot of talk of
maybe elimination of Street Prepared classes.. Most feel it more expensive to
campaign a Street Prepared car then a Mod car , because of the limits on
modifications.

We have had some of the people who ran at Nationals at our own
event. Some of them finished in the middle of the pack when normally
they would be up at the top. I do think a few of the drivers had trouble
focusing on the event, because of all the distractions.

I hope Gary shows up again next year and is able to perform like he should.

Mike