Re: O/T Terrorism

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: O/T Terrorism
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:20:09 -0400
George,

While I agree with the jist of your thoughts, unfortunately "reason" and
"demonizing" wil not stop terrorism. These people are sick and like many
criminals only understand one thing - violence and blood shed.

Unfortunately there will be much blood shed in eradicating terrorists
although much blood can be saved if countries harboring terrorists arrest
them and deny them "sanctuary." I doubt all countries will do so but I think
many will. I hope they sober up and see the consequences of their actions.
If not . . .

We can cut off their money as long as all banks and countries cooperate
including Switzerland, the Caymen Islands, the Jersey Islands in GB, and
everywhere else. Without money they can't survive and buy the weapons they
use for destruction. If we find money coming from the countries such as
Afganistan or Iraq we have to cut them off and isolate them. Unfortuantely
as we find in Iraq many innocent people will still die because these
countries would rather use the little money they have to support their
military rather than to purchase food and medicine.

FWIW, Afganistan, from what I understand, is the largest exporter of Opium
in the world and I'm sure many of the drug addicts in our country are
indirectly supporting terrorism.

Unfortunately in the long run people will die and I don't think it can be
prevented no matter how hard we try. Reason in all instances will not
prevail and only metal and explosives and blood will do.

Mike